We are introducing Arrive Fit. Arrive Fit is all about creating a health conscious lifestyle for orphaned Kenyan children that will repay the world many times over with eco-friendly, sustainable changes. By positively changing the way we live in Kenya, we will inspire people all over the planet to be healthier and more environmentally friendly. We will accomplish this by: adding recycling centers for the kids to use, increase our amount of livestock and the size of our vegetable garden for more sustainable living and a better diet, utilizing solar energy, and weekly classes for the kids, including fitness, nutrition, yoga, and meditation. Arrive Fit is revolutionary because we believe that becoming healthier and helping the environment of the planet we all share cannot be a mission restricted to the first world.The program shall be implemented from April 2015 – winter 2015 (tentatively). By marketing Arrive Fit, we will be able to obtain further funding from individuals and organizations who share the same core values Arrive Fit strives to develop, while at the same time helping the kids become healthier and earth become cleaner.
Arrive Fit is made up of two components: Helping Ourselves and Helping The Earth.
- Helping Ourselves
- Weekly fitness classes – Introducing two weekly fitness classes (one mandatory, one optional) for all of the children will teach them about fitness, exercise, and becoming healthier. One class would be a game (soccer, etc) while the other would be cross training, running, stretching, etc.
- Using bicycles instead of pikipikis (motorbikes) – Using bicycles increases the amount of exercise the children do.
- Improving our diet – Continuing to improve our diet by eating more fresh fruits and vegetables helps our overall health.
- Building a greenhouse – Eating a wider variety of fresh fruits and vegetables improves our diet; a greenhouse would supply the children with that extra variety. . It would also teach the children the basic of hydroponics farming and other farming techniques not generally practiced in this region.
- Weekly Yoga and Meditation Classes – This would be a way to release negative energy for children who, for so long, have had to keep everything inside of them.
- Helping The Earth
- Plant a bigger vegetable garden – Eating even more vegetables from our own garden saves money while also reducing gasoline used to ship vegetables before sale.
- Building a greenhouse – This would enable Arrive to grow a wider variety of vegetables and less rely on goods shipped from other places
- Solar energy – Alternative energy sources save money while also helping the environment.
- Increase livestock – Increasing livestock will help us be more foot sustainable and less money and gasoline shall be used on transportation costs of food.
- Recycle – By installing garbage and recycling bins, it will cut down on the amount of trash we burn, therefore reducing the harmful smoke that comes from burning trash. We can limit non-organic burning as much as possible, we can also challenge ourselves to reuse certain things we usually just throw out – for example plastic bottles cut in half used as plant pots.
- Using bicycles instead of pikipikis – Using bicycles will save gas otherwise used by hiring a pikipiki.
There are many signs of success. Intangible signs include: the kids becoming healthier through better fitness and dietary practices, reducing Arrive’s carbon footprint, and more awareness for Arrive. Tangible signs of success include: higher social media (Facebook page and Twitter) followers, more emails added to the Arrive email list, more people around the world organizing individual campaigns to raise funds, increased donations, and increased amount of earth friendly infrastructure (bicycles, recycling bins, crops, livestock), and a lower monthly cost of energy due to the addition of solar panels.
By successfully implementing Arrive Fit, Arrive will receive more awareness, more support, increased donations, and will improve the health of the children it cares for and the earth on which everyone lives. Are you ready to rescue kids who will save our world and support Arrive as the leading orphanage in terms of instilling healthy habits and earth friendly practices for children in the developing world?